A Day in the Life.
Welcome back! We hope you enjoyed our first blog post and found it to be insightful, informative and fun! We're going to take a step back with this week's post, however, and talk about ourselves, our company and what the heck we actually do!
To begin, my name is Lena Karalis, and I, alongside my childhood bestie Katerina Tsintis, founded Amaranthos Events. Ama-ra what? Yes, we understand it's a tough name, but hear us out, there's a reasoning behind the madness. Amaranthos, pronounced ˈAh-mah-ron-thos, is derived from the Greek word "amarantos", which means unwithering, everlasting beauty and "anthos" which means flower. Both of us being of Greek descent, wanted our company name to be true to our roots. We looked high and low for the perfect name and finally fell in love with Amaranthos. The meaning spoke volumes for us, as our goal with each event is to create memories that are everlasting, and forever unwithered.
Being in the wedding industry has brought such joy to both of us. It's truly a blessing to choose a career you love and are passionate about. Our goal for 2020, and for years to come is to expand our services and further increase our repertoire. So with that said, let's get down to the nitty-gritty of who we are, what we do, and how we work.
In 2017 we had a crazy little idea to launch Amaranthos Events. Katerina and I collectively, have over 10+ years of experience in planning, styling and designing events. Whether we planned and coordinated our own events or helped family and friends with theirs, we both knew we had a nat for this industry. We each have our own creative vision and pay attention to every last detail, which in turn has led us to successfully coordinate and execute flawless weddings and events.
We often get asked, "Why do I need an event planner when I can do it on my own"? Everyone is different, and at the end of the day, the choice is yours. However, reasons for not hiring an event planner will never outweigh our 5 reasons why hiring professional planners is a must.
1) WE MANAGE YOUR TIME. Planning an event is a full-time job. When it comes down to it, the one thing we find ourselves looking more of daily is time. Having time to plan an event is a huge necessity. Bringing your personal life, work-life and social life into the equation will only cause headaches. Time is needed to plan your event from start to finish. It's also a requirement to keep your scheduled event running on time with your foodservice, speeches, entertainment, etc. If you can't effectively manage your time, you will have mishaps. Hiring a professional to give you more time to breathe months, weeks and even the day of your event is a recipe for success.
2) WE RELIEVE YOUR STRESS. Lack of time will bring stress. Organizing and planning your wedding or event will also bring on an element of stress. Managing your personal and professional life on top of managing budgets, flowers, guest lists, contracts, caterers, outsourced vendors will take you to a whole new level of STRESS. Hiring an event planner can help take the load off, as we are skilled and trained to handle it all. We love the thrill of managing an event from start to finish. To see our client's vision come to fruition is what we live for. So don't stress; enjoy a day at the spa, pick out your outfit and let us do all the leg work.
3) WE HELP YOU BUDGET. The very first thing we ask a new client for is their budget. One of the many things that make our company unique, is that we try and work with everyone's budget. However, we're not miracle workers. Showing us an inspirational photo of a million-dollar wedding and expecting that it will cost just under $1,000 is unrealistic. At the start of the planning process, we highlight what your budget is, and we stick to it. With a set budget, we will be able to tell you upfront if your wants are realistic and, if not, we will suggest ways where you can save money and do things more efficiently. If there is something you absolutely must have, but the price is not right, we are amazing negotiators. We will make sure you'll get what you want, and at a value for your money.
4) WE PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. Every host and hostess's goal is to have the best ever possible event. With every planned detail in play, your event is one that will be remembered for all the right reasons. Your event should be the kind that makes an impression by all in attendance. Pulling off the ultimate event takes a lot of planning, skill and years of practice; and we are always up for the challenge! With our years of experience, amazing contacts, and necessary organizational skills, we always ensure our clients and their guests will not be disappointed.
5) WE SAVE YOU MONEY. Contrary to popular belief, event planners save you money. Yes, save!! It is our job, and we take full responsibility to guide you to make a decision that will not only benefit your pocketbook but your sense of reality. It's easy to get caught up in the hype of trends and come up with over the top elaborate ideas that may sound great in theory but don't quite translate the same when executed. We assure you that your greatest event investments go a long way and make a huge impression on you and your attendees.
Our team is focused to bring our clients personalized attention and focus on all their details. We create, we coordinate, we style atmospheres, we design florals and we collaborate with trusted vendor partners. With all these details comes a list of skills we abide by.
1) ORGANIZATION IS KEY. As event planners, we must stay organized. So topping our list of skilled qualities; we must remain as such. We must be able to recall even the smallest of details, meet deadlines, schedule deliveries, pick-ups, and setups - and be on time with everything. We keep client timelines on schedule, budgets in check, and details running effectively and efficiently — from the beginning stages to the post-event checklist.
2) NETWORKING. We are fortunate enough to work in an industry that is people-driven and relationship-based. We have acquired an amazing network of event professionals - such as photographers, videographers, DJs, makeup artists to name a few. If there is any aspect of your wedding that we at Amaranthos can't attain personally, then we will network with one of our trusted event professionals to get the job done. It's easy for anyone to go to google.com and search what they are looking for - but without a reference, it's hard to know who is going to show up to your event (and if they show up).
4) UNDERSTANDING. We, as event planners are the glue that brings a collaborative team together to form a successful event. We have an understanding of how things are happening. For example, we are well versed in how to make a floor plan, how long the dinner service will take, how many people can fit in a room, what order speeches will be given, and how to work with catering staff. We are knowledgeable about the basic needs of bands and DJs, A/V companies, and rentals. We will also give our clients a better understanding of reasonable requests. Bottom line: we work the show, we take our most useful skills and make things happen.
If you have an upcoming wedding or event, let us make things happen for you. We'll put our design and planning skills to work to save you time, stress, and money while creating a perfect event that will leave you with everlasting memories.